What Makes Us Different?
There are a lot of good wedding officiants across the Chicago area, and we know several of them. We believe that Dr. McFadden is one of the best for several reasons including:
- His passion for marriage.
- His “presence” in the ceremony.
- His deep “radio personality” voice.
- His ability to project his voice.
- The enthusiasm and voice inflection he exhibits when speaking.
- His ability to connect with the couple getting married during the ceremony.
- His ability to connect to the guests during the ceremony.
- His timing when speaking.
- His ability to “go with the flow” when something unexpected happens.
- His sense of humor which shows up at the right time.
- His nature to “not take no for an answer.” He knows that whatever the challenge, there is a way to successfully work through it.
- His desire to deliver the ceremony that you want.
- His extra set of tools in his van in the event of a problem (portable PA system etc).
- His attention to detail for every aspect of the ceremony.
- His outgoing nature that allows him to connect with family members and the wedding party.
- His ability to read people and know when the Bride or Groom need special attention or guidance.
- His seriousness in the way he approaches this job.
- His willingness to adapt his schedule to fit people’s needs.
- His thoroughness in making sure EVERYTHING is in place before the ceremony begins.
- His ability to problem solve quickly if a problem occurs.
- His desire to do his best for every wedding ceremony he conducts.
- His creative thinking when helping design each wedding ceremony.
- His desire to help each couple have a unique and meaningful ceremony.
- His preparation for your particular ceremony and the various options he builds into it for each couple.
- His desire to avoid the “cookie cutter” approach for a ceremony.
Dr. McFadden often tells couples about his experience a couple of years ago. He met with two younger couples in the same week to get acquainted. Both couples reported that they had been to 6 or more weddings in the past years as all of their friends were getting married. Both couples reported that the officiant conducting the ceremonies they attended either bored them out of their skulls OR they were way over the top dramatic.
Dr. McFadden says that he is NOT Mr. Drama. He also says that he doesn’t want to be the guy that when he is done and the wedding is over; people say, “well, there’s a half hour of my life that I will never get back again.”
He will tell you, (and you will see it when you meet and talk to him), that he connects well with people; and while his focus is on the couple getting married, all of the guests feel like he is talking to them about their marriage as well.
At every ceremony he conducts, the bride and groom hear over and over again from their guests that it was the best wedding ceremony they have ever attended. We believe this is because of the attention Dr. McFadden gives to planning a ceremony that fits the couple and his passion and enthusiasm in conducting the ceremony.
Use the contact form to arrange a time to talk to Dr. McFadden about your needs.
Dr. McFadden did an excellent job officiating our wedding and was a pleasure to work with. We had our ceremony at The Herrington Inn in Geneva, IL. From our very first session with him, he put us at ease with his personable demeanor and warm personality. He was also extremely accommodating and adjusted his schedule to meet our needs. He went above and beyond to help the process go smoothly for us as we were planning our wedding from out-of-state in California.
Dr. McFadden used our personal stories and transformed them into a profound and eloquent wedding script which was highly praised by many of our attendees. In fact, one of our good friends actually asked for a transcript so that he could use it for his upcoming wedding. But more than just the words, Dr. McFadden officiated the ceremony flawlessly and his delivery blended both humor and emotion which struck the perfect tone and was exactly what we were hoping for. He also was very proactive and punctual in taking care of all of the necessary paperwork.
But beyond the ceremony, we consider Dr. McFadden a friend and a trusted confidant who has helped us strengthen our relationship as we begin our marriage together. We look forward to staying in touch with him and strongly recommend him to anyone who is looking for a wedding officiant and/or marriage counselor.
We had the best wedding experience with Dr.McFadden! Not only was he very accommodating but he was emotionally checked in with us during the ceremony and several guests said that he was one of the best wedding officiants they have ever saw. He truly made our day perfect!! Don't hesitate to hire him... Just do it and you will be pleased.. We promise! Thank you again Dr. McFadden!
Dr. David McFadden was fantastic. He was able to step in last minute when our original officiant was hospitalized. He was able to work with our previous ceremony layouts that we worked through. He was prompt and handled everything from getting to know us, rehearsal and a beautiful ceremony. I would highly recommend him for your wedding. He truly does what you want.
Thanks so much David.
We hired Dr. McFadden as our officiant for our wedding ceremony. He was great, we met with him once before our wedding and were both in agreement immediately that we wanted him to be our officiant. He provided us with material to use and look over to help plan out our ceremony. The ceremony went so smoothly and he was very helpful in keeping our nerves calm before and during the ceremony.
We cannot thank Dr. McFadden enough! He was professional, elegant and delivered an amazing ceremony! Our friends and family were raving about him all night! If you need an officiant, he's definitely your man!